Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cambios



CAMBIOS (Changes) are this week!!! AHHHHHHH
LETS JUST SAY I KNOW GOD HAS PREPARED ME FOR GREAT THINGS. OK lets start at the beginning, I have three months in the mission, two of which I have been actually in Peru, one of which have actually been in the field. My first companion has taught me so much about how to serve and teach and love the people and what to do in hard situations and how to lead. She is headed home to Bolivia on Tuesday morning. really sad I have come to love her as a sister and it has only been six weeks!!
Entonces CAMBIOS!(Then Changes) WE are receiving less missionaries than are leaving so many sectors are closing (closing in that there aren't enough missionaries to go around so some sectors are now encompassing two sectors. This is what is happening to Salamanca. In our ward in Salamanca we have two sets of missionaries sister Quiroga and I and two elders. The elders are being transferred and I am receiving a new companion and the elders sector and all their investigators are now mine and my new companions. (Don't worry I wont be getting a greenie or anything, but my new companion will still be training me) It is what is called leading the sector. I need to know where all the houses of investigators are and how to get to point A to point B without being ran over by crazy drivers, in time and in the safest places of my sector and the totally new to me sector of the elders with a new companion. WOO HOO!!
When the president called my companion he said, ¨How is Sister Atkinson progressing?¨ Never a good sign. and ¨How is her Spanish¨. Then he said, ¨She has been prepared for this¨and BOOM cambios(changes). So This week is really going to be eye opening and Exciting and adventurous! It really is a blessing that I feel calm and ready for this. I am really excited to know a new sector with a CERRO!! (hill of houses!)) WOOT I have always wanted to proselyte on a hill! Aka: lots of stairs and lots of people and lots of houses on houses with houses in houses! Truly I am so excited to be able to work hard and I know that I have learned Spanish so quick and feel ready only because God has truly prepared me for this. My testimony is strengthened this week in knowing that every trial God gives us he has also prepared us. He will never command us to do anything save he shall prepare a way for them to not only achieve the goal but to have success!! Never the less pray for the new sector this week and thank you for you love and support always!
PS tell Brock I need pictures of CHINA!! WOOT and congrats Kaylea on the new one and ANDREA AND TJ best of luck you two will be great in Arizona! Grammy and Grampy Hi also!
EXITOS AND AMOR! (successes & love)
Love Sister Atkinson!



No comments:

Post a Comment