Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spiritually charged!!


WOOSH This week was spiritually charged!! We had the temple this week and we are preparing to have Elder Christopher son sometime this next month! Talk about exciting! The temple always makes me SO happy, just smiling the rest of the day and then the next day too! Everyone in the zone just couldn't stop smiling! It was magical! WE also were preparing a young girl of nine years old for her baptism this weekend! I really feel like this family is a part of our family. We draw together and she was so excited about her baptism she read ALL her pamphlets and was even practicing the santa cena with cake and water. She reminds me of myself. Her mom and her little sister are just so wonderful and we are one big family. The spirit in her baptism was different than all the others. All her family came (which is a miracle cuz basically they are all inactive) but they all made sacrifices to come and see her get baptized. We tried so hard to heat water for the font, because there is only cold water, and it failed miserably the elder who baptized her said he definitely could not feel his toes or his legs, but she was so brave and was baptized anyways and she didn´t complain or cry. She was so brave. I think the spirit was definitely with her to brave the cold water and follow the example of Jesus Christ!
And it really is a benefit to share a sector with the elders in the offices! They brought me my package!!!!! SO AWESOME! We were SO HAPPY for the popcorn my companion just about cried! And I almost ate ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER with a spoon last night I was in heaven! The jump rope and skirt! (woot the skirt just in time cuz the zipper broke in one and I am not fitting in the other so it was just-in time!)
But the BEST PART WAS THE PICTURES!! Kandis now has at least four elders who want to write her and Meagan too. I just loved sharing ALL the pictures with all the missionaries and WOW TALK ABOUT GREAT PICTURES!! So wonderful! They were all in awe at Zions park and we all laughed at Brock and Conner's don't feed the wildlife and they think that the squirrel is our pet.....yep I have a pet squirrel! And the hand written letters and CANDY! Wow DERICK and Mati thanks a million! and Crystal too for the pictures! I am so behind in sending and writing letters but I hope to for the least send the ones I have this week...BA ha ha. But hey, always remember how much God loves every single one of you! Even if times are hard or sad or trying more than we think we can handle, God is always at our side telling us we can do it and that everything will be OK. Just trust in His judgment and it wont be easy but it will be possible!
Love ya TONS! SISTER ATKINSON of PERU!

No comments:

Post a Comment