Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Water Park!!


Hello everyone long time no see!
And long time I havent´written. This week in the mission has been very crazy! I can´t even believe how fast things move when there is something to go and do. We had the opportunity to go to a
WATER PARK!! Stop, yes I can imagine you are all thinking swiming suits and water slides, but this water park is more like a museum with different pieces of art that have to do with water and a show where they project the pictures and videos on the water of the cultural dances of peru, bolivia and districts of peru like cuzco y piura. It was really cool (literally) because of course there was interactive water spouts and running through water all day!! So excellent! And of course I got soaked in my shorts and t- shirt and winter in Peru everyone thought I was crazy and they kept telling me I was going to get sick. Ha!! A Utah girl? Not possible! And I didn´t get sick at all. We got wet then watched the water show and just had a BLAST!! So excellent. But we were very tired the next day. Then we had another invasion where we go to another district and all the zone knock doors to bring refrences for the misionaries in that district. That was great fun we ran into a VERY active evangelico who bascally told us to rip up all of our pictures of Christ because if we were truely christian we wouldn´t represent Christ in any form. How sad. There is a huge difference in worshiping pictures of Chirst and having them as a spiritual boost to help us remember him. We Don't worship pictures of Christ we live every day with him at our side. These photos we have are to help us remember he is always with us and we can talk to him at anytime cuz he is so near. We could only smile at this man and walk away with heavy hearts knowing what he had rejected. We had a multizone with presient Borg and sister Borg. We actually got to see alot of them this week my companion had an inverview to see if she wants to stay two more weeks than normal and we got to see them at the baptism of the Elders of Chakra Rios. President Borg got to perform his first baptism in the mission! We sang as missionaries a special number of Come Thou Fount to the words of another hymn and so cool! Elder Perez de Mexico is the coolest person in the world and has a marvellos voice! I couldn´t believe. To give our achievements of the week at times he sings us his songs of Mexico and oosh! So cool!
There is so much more to tell you but OOSH out of time like always! Tell Mary Gray, thank, you thank you thank you for her colorful letter! I just loved telling everyone how much my ward and relief society loves me! I feel so much support! Thank you thank you!
Love Hermana Atkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment