Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I just love the temple


The work is a bit slow. I would have never thought in my life that I would have to teach the law of chastity or the word of wisdom to people twice my age and I am just a youngster...it's pretty funny but the work is moving slower than I would like but I think this next month my companion and I will begin to have great success and baptisms. Is it cooler there? YES!! holy cow!! like spring in Utah we leave the house in sweaters and coats and its warm and sunny, then the next day forget our sweaters and its not freezing but brisk! Never thought I would need a sweater in Peru!!
I introduced my companion to the wonders of mac n cheese (she is now hooked not to mention I showed her how to make french toast and she makes it every night now BA ha ha the influence of American culture ) and the gravy is whoosh! The best! I did find out that here they do have Quaker oatmeal but they pronounce it Coo A CUR. So I was definitely confused for the longest time until I bought Quaker oatmeal and realized what it was; not to mention their pronunciation of ALL English words are HORRENDUS my companion was looking for Ketchup the other day in the store and asked if i had seen where the kasup was......I was totally lost...what the HECK IS KASUP''' she found it and I said oh KATCHUP she said ya kasup.....no Ketchup,....companion no kasup....at times Spanish is so odd..

We had the opportunity to go to the temple today for p day (sorry for the day late letter but had to change our p day to Tuesday this week to go to the temple) and MAN I JUST LOVE THE temple and always I can feel the family so close there and how blessed we are to have the covenants and blessings of the temple with us always!! I am just so happy after the temple its kinda scary!! But wow to be able to go with our zone was just beautiful just like having our cup filled with fresh cool spirit juice!! Tell Mati Brock and Conner I love them and press forward with steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope a love of god and all men!! Please send love to Alyssa and tell her I read her little card of 10 things for a successful missionary every day.
Love, Sister Atkinson



No comments:

Post a Comment